Customer Ideas

Welcome to the Google Fiber Customer Ideas page

Please sign in with your Google Fiber account email to create ideas, vote and add comments.

We collate and review all ideas weekly and will be updating the status of your ideas and comment as needed. If an idea becomes a product feature, we will be updating users that have submitted or subscribed to that idea.

We also keep track of customer product ideas through an automatic internal report. This list does not represent the current or a future version of the Google Fiber product roadmap. We love customer input and are very thankful for it, but we cannot guarantee your idea will become part of our product.

Please check our FAQs or Contact Us for more questions.

My idea is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Power Supply

I have TV internet and a DVR box they all use a 12 volt power supply but each device has a power supply on it, you only need one to run all three devices. because energy is a problem we need to cut down on how many step down power supplies we have in use.
    One power supply could feed all three devices and it would save energy.And cut costs.
    This is somthing you should seriously look into.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add HDMI CEC support when casting Netflix/Youtube

When a program is started via the Google Fiber TV app the TV Box triggers the television to turn on and change inputs via HDMI-CEC . However, if a video is cast to the TV Box via Netflix or Youtube it does not do the same. A regular Chromecast has this capability. I'd like to see this functionality added to the TV Box.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• how to improve credit score

http://www.creditreportcheckscore.co.uk :About 6 every month to http://www.free-creditreports.co.uk :check your credit score, you should it begin to creep up. Again, about 2 to within years, previous http://www.free-creditcheck.co.uk :behaviour as the current operations do not have as much as possible the impact on your credit score. So, the mistake you made in the past, after a certain amount of time has passed, you should not have a lot of impact on you.
        http://www.mycreditscorereportcheck.co.uk

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add Google Assistant to new revision of TV Box/Remotes

It would be nice to have Google Assistant integrated into the TV hardware. This could bring voice recognition search from the remotes, ability to control Nest devices and some other features people have requested.

This would be in addition to adding Google Fiber services to the Google Assistant.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• bookkeeping services

https://www.pioneeroutsourcing.com @ According to a recent study in the financial world market, 2008 to be accounted for outsourcing services to offshore destinations, that since that there is a possibility to grow at 9.6% annual demand of outsourcing the work, has been an increase in the $ 4.76 billion more than will the concept until the end of the year came into existence.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Equipment for the visually impaired

Having equipment for the visually impaired would help those who want to enjoy Google Fiber's offerings get the full experience, just as those who are not visually impaired. Not only for Closed Captioning and video descriptions, but for talking set-tops that speak aloud the on-screen guides. This isn't just an idea, but something that is legally required per the FCC and 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act.

"On Oct. 31, 2013, the FCC released rules requiring audible output of pre-installed video programming guides and menus on set top boxes..."

"The FCC’s new rules implementing Section 205 of the CVAA…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Move the previous button

The previous button is on the very button right corner of the remote. It is a very commonly used button, and it should be placed somewhere that's comfortable for you to reach without completely readjusting your hold on the remote. Somewhere near the search button.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Monitor for the connection status on fiber jack

I recently had a technician come out to look at my slow internet speeds. Turns out that when I had my network box moved a year ago, they had twisted the wires which was only giving me 100Mbps instead of 1000.

I noticed that on the network page, under MyFiber, both the fiber jack and network box showed 100Mpbs instead of the 1000.

It may not hurt to have something in place to monitor that since it took me talking to quite a few support individuals before this was resolved.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Build Google-branded routers that include meshing

Since the major issues rolling out fiber, I know Google has switched to using wireless. Why not sell wireless routers that mesh with each other over longer distances (long enough to connect to neighbors' routers)? Through selling enough of these, Google would be able to completely bypass the last-mile providers. A wireless mesh would guarantee uptime, speed, and would prevent any ridiculous charges now that net neutrality is to be revoked.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to use cable box for access point only

There are many cable customers who may not want to use cable service year round but would like to keep the boxes for access points as part of the home network they are used to. You are charging for their rental anyways in the bill. So why can't people not using cable for a certain amount of time continue to use the boxes for access points without having to return all the equipment and obtain it again later. If anything the existing policy makes me want to buy my own access points which would lead me to cut the cord…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• 10 GBE

***** 2gig give us 10 GBE equipment..if u want teal soeed this us where its at and where everything will be going anyways.. tou guys might as well lead the pack on this as well...10GbE stands for 10 Gigabit Ethernet fyi..its crazy..vote for it guys

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• When I had Dish, I was able to download recorded TV to my iPad so that I could watch when I did not have access to WiFi.

I would love the ability to download a recorded event/show to my iPad so that when WiFi was not available (like on a plane) I was still able to watch some of my recorded TV. I had this capability with Dish and miss this option.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Come on

If you added all the votes up from all the different "ideas" started... modem modem/bridged mode wins easily..come on guys

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Customer Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base