My idea is...

Wireless Set-Top Boxes

We have several areas of our house where we currently use wireless set-top boxes for the AT&T U-verse network. Has this been examined for the Google network?

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RichRich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CoreyCorey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes wireless boxes are a MUST for outdoor living and flexible tv placement. Should not be difficult to do since satellite and uverse already accommodate this .

• Carl RayCarl Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect workaround. Allow google fiber subscribers to stream their google fiber TV app to a Google Chromecast. I too loved having my wireless AT&T TV box outside on my patio. If I can stream my full TV lineup to my phone already why not allow me to beam it to my TV. I would have no issue buying a chrome cast vs having to run HDMI cable to my outdoor patio.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same situation. Currently use Uverse for cable TV and hate it. But, the wireless cable box is necessary for my house. I would switch to Google Fiber's TV package if they offered wireless cable boxes.

• ShelbyShelby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to learn if there are any similar options as we currently have Uverse and regularly use our wireless feature to move our TV outside, especially for 'big games'.

We are really excited that fiber has just came to our neighborhood, but as sad as it this may be a deal breaker for us since it has been a good feature for us.

Feedback and Knowledge Base