My idea is...

Please fix the remote-to-TV lag

I'm not sure if the lag between button pushes on the remote and the TV are from the Bluetooth or something else, but the sometimes 3-second lag between a button push and the action actually happening is terribly frustrating...

62 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike DuganMike Dugan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unplug the power from the TV box for two minutes and then plug in again. Wait for the cold boot to complete, then turn on the TV box office from the remote. This solved my issue, though I have a neighbor for whom this didn't work

• J. Kevin FlynnJ. Kevin Flynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been with Google fiber since it's inception and are familiar with this annoying lag time problem. Just this week, I have changed the batteries in the remote even though there was no prompt about low batteries. The problem went away for about 24 hours at which point I reset the tv box. The lag time delay is gone for the moment (2 days so far) but, we are waiting for it to return. This needs to be addressed by Google with an acknowledgement of this problem if not a full fledged fix.

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we just started having the same issue and it is super annoying! Pls fix! We tried calling Cust Svc tonight but got tired of waiting for a rep.

• BrennanBrennan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Fiber please respond to this problem or fix this or I am leaving your service and not recommending it to any of my peers.

• MeganMegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had google fiber for about 2 months now and I have had this issue since I got the service. It's annoying. Time warner never had this issue. Nothing is being done and has me regretting leaving time warner.

Why is this issue not being addressed? It's been going on for the many months I've now had the service. It is not a pairing issue. It is not a battery issue. If you can't fix it, then at least discount your broken service.

Big time lag between box and remote. New batteries did not fix the problem. Google Fiber has zero customer service.

My lag is much longer, and I can't see where to turn off Bluetooth mode. New batteries don't improve the lag, and no one seems to have an answer on anywhere I've searched.

• Brandon HoltsclawBrandon Holtsclaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this issue as well until I told the remote to use IR for everything ( TV and Google Box ) instead of BT.

I think it was by holding the TV+Box on/off & number 5

you should verify this before trying it though ...

• Derek BerdineDerek Berdine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this problem, too, until I changed the batteries in my remote. You might try that, if you haven't already.

Feedback and Knowledge Base