My idea is...

after a fast forward through a recorded show and then hitting play, have the program material "back" up a few seconds before playing.

after a fast forward through a recorded show and then hitting play, have the program material "back" up a few seconds before playing. Sometimes one misses part of the show because it goes too far past the start point

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephen DinkelStephen Dinkel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam MontgomerySam Montgomery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I respectfully downvote this idea (or at least make it optional in settings). Auto-skipping back after fast-forwarding means I either have to a) see part of the show in order to time it right (terrible if fast-forwarding a recorded sporting event), or b) hit play early to avoid the sneak preview which causes unnecessary waiting. I'm not sure how this functionality is popular--the lack of the auto-skip-back was oddly one of my favorite parts of the switch to fiber tv.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It just got worse with the Oregano update February 2016. Used to be able to manually hit the "go back" button (10 seconds) to start at the right spot. With new firmware update, have to hit "play", then "go back." Ten years ago, U-verse already had the go back automatically functioning when you hit play while fast forwarding. Why can't Google Fiber implement a ten-year old technology?

Feedback and Knowledge Base