My idea is...

Allow IP passthrough

Please allow IP Passthrough so that we can use a real router; or, implement features like multiple SSID's, VLANs, sensible port forwarding, and other features commonly found on commercially available routers. The feature set of the Google Network Box doesn't even match ****** routers like Belkins. I can't believe such a premium product comes with a Fisher Price router.

59 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James RankJames Rank shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shikyo 13Shikyo 13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please allow this, it is ridiculous that bridge mode/IP Passthrough/DMZ+ is not an option with Google Fiber. Alternatively, please allow Static IP's to be purchased with residential service.

• Bryan LoozeBryan Looze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Ryan, basic control for those that want plug and play is fine but for others that would like more control over our own internal networks we should be able to push to our hardware.

• Ryan ManningRyan Manning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! To force router-based functions exclusively to the Google Fiber box is terribly ignorant and inconsiderate of customers needs. Please allow for the Google Fiber box to act as a modem while allowing for all other functions to be controlled by customer-provided routers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base