My idea is...

Please Add IP Passthrough Setting

Please, please, please add IP Passthrough as a setting in the Google Fiber Network Box. I need to be able to assign the public WAN IP address to my router. If I cannot do this, then the network box is useless to me, and I will have to figure out how to get my router working while connected directly to the Fiber Jack. The network devices of EVERY SINGLE ISP with which I've had experience up to this point have an IP passthrough option in the router configuration interface, as it is a very standard setting. That Google Fiber does not have this setting completely boggles my mind. I would infinitely prefer to connect my router to the network box and be able to assign it the public WAN IP address than connecting it directly to the Fiber Jack and going through the long process of research, and much trial and error, to make it work. One single setting is all that stands in my way of using the network box.

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tydyn Rain St. ClairTydyn Rain St. Clair shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base