My idea is...

Fiber phone display caller ID on Google Fiber TV

If you have Google Fiber TV and Google Fiber Phone, it would be great to have an option for the caller ID to pop up on the TV when the phone rings. Had this functionality with TimeWarner and loved it, would be awesome to have that ability on my fiber service.
Something that TWC didn't have was the ability to send a call to voicemail with your remote if you don't want to talk to someone. Call screening over your tv's audio would be nice to have as well.
Another nice to have feature would be to be able to playback your voicemail over your TV. I wouldn't think it would be very difficult to have a google voice app on the television.
Down the road, adding video calling to your TV via a webcam connected to your TV box would be very cool to have. The webcam could handle the microphone and the TV would make a great monitor, could put the video call in a picture in picture window.

99 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert PavittRobert Pavitt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Caller ID on TV definitely needs to be added. Please make this happen.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Fiber was just installed a few days ago. Weren't aware that caller id on television would not be available when we signed up for Google Fiber. We've had it for years with our previous provider, and it is very inconvenient not to have it.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this sentiment, had with TWC and U-Verse. Gfbr are y'all listening?

• Albert CinquepalmaAlbert Cinquepalma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found having caller ID pop up on the screen was a great help in this era of constant marketing calls. Had TWC for 14 years, before switching to Google Fiber.

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having Caller ID on the TV screen will probably be a deal killer for me.

Time Warner has spoiled me.

• Larry TimberlakeLarry Timberlake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that after having caller ID with TWC for many years, we came to rely on it and feel it is a necessary feature.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We were surprised that the caller ID display wasn't a supported feature.

• Gareth Lewis-PittGareth Lewis-Pitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This (Caller ID on TV) is absolutely a logical feature to provide customers who have tv and voice.Time Warner has been providing this for several years.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had this with Comcast and it is a nice feature. Didn't realize how much I actually liked it until it was gone.

• Howard LawHoward Law commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this request - previously had TWC Phone service and caller id / phone number was displayed on TV when phone rings. Would like this service with Google TV / Phone

Feedback and Knowledge Base